BALANCE Student Loan Coaching
Borrowing to pay for college is the easy part. Repaying the debt is much harder. To know which options are best for you, your career prospects and your budget, it helps to have access to an expert who can guide you through the complexity of the various programs, explain your options under each, and take into account the context of your financial circumstances. BALANCE counselors speak the language of student loan financing fluently, and are ready to work with you in a one-on-one student loan counseling session.
To speak with a counselor, call toll-free 1-888-456-2227.
|Monday–Thursday||7:30 AM–6:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM–5:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM–2:00 PM|
|Monday–Thursday||10:30 AM–9:00 PM|
|Friday||10:30 AM–8:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM–5:00 PM|
- Conduct a thorough budget analysis of your income, expenses, and debt obligations.
- Provide a comprehensive review of your federal student loans.
- Evaluate which repayment and/or postponement options you may be eligible for.
- Determine how to address defaulted student loans, if applicable.
- Determine whether consolidation is a good option, if applicable.
- Based on your cash flow and goals, we will provide recommendations for addressing federal student loans and specific next steps to get you started.